We defined 5 key questions that should be solved during 10-year project period.
- What is the convincing climate model representations of Asian monsoon precipitation that can support policymakers to plan useful adaptation strategy for the changing climate?
- What is the possible coordinated observation initiative that advances our understanding of the Asian monsoon precipitation?
- To what extent can we use up rescued hydrometeorological data to reconstruct recent 200-year climate change?
- How can we find new scientific methods to describe, and to share information with Asian people, of the extreme weather embedded in multiple time scales in Asian monsoon hydroclimate?
- What is the role of mountain precipitation and subsequent land water process in the local and global hydrological cycles and water resources?